Network on the right tracks!
Take up the challenge with Salumanus.
11-12 October 2022 at Novotel Warszawa Centrum.
Join the creators of the fastest network solutions.
The 15th Dni Światła will draw inspiration from the world’s fastest rail systems. While new train prototypes in Asia can already develop speeds of up to 620 km/h, we are moving fast forward to a world of 800G transmission.
What systems should you invest in if you don’t want to lag behind? How do you optimise your network to resist price pressures? What is the trick to staying immune to global economic upheavals and supply chain disruptions? We will talk about network structure modifications and the rising trend of IPoDWDM, illustrating theories with practical case studies at every step of the way.
Over two days, the Dni Światła will create a platform for data centre and telecom experts to share their knowledge, experience and inspiration. We will also present the latest, advanced solutions in data transmission, network optimisation and scalability. This year, the formula of the event will be further expanded to feature a panel debate with industry leaders.
Our talks and workshops will address the issues faced by our sector due to the current geopolitical situation, as well as the engineering challenges that network specialists especially have to contend with. As usual, we will also make sure that our participants can relax... In the evening, we will invite them to step into the world of the Orient Express. Surrounded by the magic of the most elegant train in history, they will get a unique chance to expand their network of professional connections.
Experienced data centre and telecom experts.
A manager and network expert, Grzegorz specialisesin LANs and wireless connectivity. His passion is to build connections between the needs of the client, the integrator and the DCN brand.
An xWDM enthusiast andautomation engineer, he can talk about the most intricate projects in a very accessible way. A year ago, he took over the machine room of the Transmission Systems Department at Salumanus.
A data transmission expert, who will put your network on the right track. An experienced manager with a broad background in technology, Andrzej has spent his entire professional life working in dynamic IT environments.
A specialist in intercontinental connections, Łukasz cooperates with optical module producers all over the world, analysing technology trends and translating them into product development.
An engineer at the Network Product Department, Rafał provides Salumanus clients with assistance to make sure their data transmission doesn’t get derailed and their data streams don’t get unexpectedly side-tracked.
Part of a generation that no longer remembers a world without networks, Jakub is a talented and ambitious enthusiast of transmission systems, as well as an IT student who has been learning with Salumanus for the last three years.
Aproduct manager at the Network Product Department. Damian’s journey into LANs and wireless communication started around a year ago. At Salumanus, he manages a network product group with Wi-Fi access points and switches.
An experienced product manager at the Optical Module Department. During the 15th Days of Light, Michał will take you on board a real Luxtorpeda in the world of optical module programming devices, i.e. the GBC Photonics Smart Recode Device.
An engineer at the Network Product Department. An experienced implementation and servicing specialist, he has worked with networks for overten years, making sure that data transmission runs according to schedule and preventing delays.
Why is it worth it?
Step into the future of optical systems. Take your network to a brand new level of technology.
Train yourself in networks. Find out how to use advanced technologies to boost what your infrastructure can do. Learn about secure and effective solutions in optical transmission, LANs and Wi-Fi networks. We will also discuss a variety of good practices, typical challenges and inspiring case studies.
Since changes in the telecom industry are always shaped by the largest players, we decided to invite several large telecom operators and data centres to a special panel debate. We will talk about current industry challenges and opportunities and discuss how to tap current trends to make smart investments in network development.
Design a network based on cutting-edge GBC Photonics and DCN technologies. Get hands-on experience with xWDM and Wi-Fi 6 solutions, coherent modules and Smart Recode Devices. Crack an encrypted message and solve the mystery of the world’s most famous train.
The world is small, right? Expand your network to include experienced professionals from the telecom and data centre industry. Engineers, buyers, product managers, planners and network admins – the 15thDays of Light are made for you!
- The 400G transmission is appearing in the network infrastructure much faster than it was in the case of previous generations of transceivers. What do the latest standards hide and how to build the optimal path for new, faster transmissions?
- What is the contribution of the CMIS management protocol/standard to this success?
- How to prepare the network for fast migration to the highest 400G / 800G throughput?
- Finally, something special - the presentation of a unique module that simplifies everything!
- Multi-layer LAN network architecture - benefits for users and administrators.
- How to fully exploit the technological potential of network devices?
- Interesting deployments of DCN solutions in customer networks.
- Aggregate 10Gb, 40Gb and 16FC, 32FC services to 100G, 200G, 400G transmission.
- What are muxponders? Benefits of building networks based on these devices.
- What makes a muxponder so universal that we can use it in almost any DWDM network?
- Examples of implementations in customer networks.
- The SRD environment is the repository of everything Salumanus has created in the field of compatibility throughout its history.
- How does a multisystem, cloud-based environment that supports modules with SFP/SFP+/ SFP28/XFP/CFP/CFP2/ CFP4/QSFP+/QSFP56/ QSFP28/QSFP-DD interfaces work?
- Benefits of using SRD Go applications.
- The future of the telecommunications and data centre industry is depend on simplifying network architecture and eliminating unnecessary equipment. Is this enough to minimise the impact of the energy crisis?
- What does the change in network architecture entail for large organisations such as Orange, Exatel, Group Play, Akamai?
- What does cooperation with large Data Centres look like from the operators' point of view? What bandwidths do Data Centres realistically rely on: 100G, 400G or maybe already 800G?
- First class in wireless networks. What does stand Wi-Fi 6 out?
- The evolution of security. Why do we choose WPA 3 these days?
- Open networks, is it a good idea? How to use Captive Portal wisely?
- Experiences and conclusions from DCN solution implementations.
- Encryption, redundancy and diagnostics.
- Ways to counter threats in long-distance transmission.
- From simple solutions, such as the use of a redundant fibre optic line, to advanced methods, such as active devices for fibre optic monitoring and layer one encryption.
The conductor's whistle and off we go! We will start our journey through time and space around European capitals from the capital of art. Next, it will only be tastier and more interesting, because we will stimulate all the senses. The smell of freshly brewed coffee, the taste of hot pepper and the sweetness of the cake will take us to the middle of a busy metropolis on the Orient Express route. Guides through the world of cuisine, elegance and art will ensure you have fun.
Registration and coffee for a good start to your journey.
Network building based on DWDM technology, universal optical transceiver and L2/L3 switch.
We work together for the success of the network.